Sunday, July 25, 2010

Amazing Blueberry Muffins!

So today while my husband was making dinner, I decided I would try out my revised version of the blueberry lemon muffin recipe from the Joy of Vegan Baking. I took a few ideas from the American Test Kitchen that we saw the day before.



The first alteration was taking 1/2 cup of the blueberries( 1- 1/2 cups are needed) and warming them in a pot with some sugar to get some of the juice out and to concentrate the flavor, it turns out like a jam. When that was done I added a tsp to the center of each muffin and swirled it with a chop stick. This adds a great flavor and the difference is amazing! The other cup of blueberries gets added in as normal so you still have some whole berries in the muffin.



The second alteration is taking a 1/2 cup of sugar and add about 1 table spoon of lemon zest to it. I also added some raw sugar to the mix for a nice golden color. I mixed this together and sprinkled on top of each muffin before baking. It makes a great crisp top and nice flavor!

I wasn't sure how this would turn out but it was actually pretty remarkable! I loved them and of course my husband was wolfing them down..LOL!


Try this idea out on your next fruit muffins! I know I will be doing this for my strawberry ones :)

No comments:

Post a Comment